Share/Bookmark

Payton


This past February, Payton turned 1 year old. I had seen a cake that had "painted" fondant the overall effect was very nice. So in my usual "can do" approach to decorating cakes, I attempted the technique. I was not very happy with the out come - not my best work. However, it went over well with all of the guests and more importantly, the birthday girl.

Its pretty straight forward...apply the fondant to the cake, then use your gel color of choice thinned down with water. This technique is much better suited for creating something like wood grain. I used a fondant impression mat that I then filled in with butter cream to make the middle tier. These mats are pretty handy for creating fine detail on the fondant.

This cake, as with all of them, was a learning experience. Thank you for stopping in and reading. I would like to add a little side note: I am not a big fan of advertisements on blogs. I do however like the amazon ads. It allows me to post a specific item. I think this is more of a tool than an ad because those who do not have access to a Hobby Lobby or Michael's can see what I am talking about and purchase the tool direct from Amazon.com. I will not do this often...just when there is a special or new tool I used in the creation of the featured cake.

Until next time...

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading comments! Please take a moment and drop me a note! Please add my blog to your followings too! =)

CHEERS! Sean


Sugar High Stats

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones